She chose some fantastic fabrics: felted wool for the frames of the chairs, and amazing woven wools for the cushions....mis-matching is the new matching!
I busily went to work removing the old fabric from the chairs and cushions then drafted a new pattern. The bulk of the frame piece was sewn first, then attached to the base of the chair with upholstery staples and stitching. Next, I did the cushions and covered some buttons in the same fabric. The trickiest bit was attaching cushions to the chair frame with the buttons....i'm sure there is a proper tool for this, but i just used a big sewing needle that i fashioned into the shape of a hook....It worked well!
And the end result....I think they look amazing, and the customer was so thrilled! Yay!!