Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Custom Made

In addition to the handmade collections I design and make for Poppet I also create one-off pieces for my lovely customers in need of something specific.
This dress was made for Alice.....she came into the shop, fabric in hand and said "I would like a 50's inspired sleeveless dress that is both fun and elegant...and can work for both day and night" (I am paraphrasing but it did go something like that!)
So a few measurements and sketches later we came up with the perfect design and I was left to do the making.....and this is how it turned out



The fabric is a slightly stretchy cotton with small white spots. It has a fully lined bodice and gathered skirt. I think it came out perfect and I'm a little sad to see it go to its new home (I might just have to make myself a similar one!)

If you have something specific that you want made....come visit me at Poppet or send me an email and we'll see what we can do....Yay

2 comments:

Esz said...

So awesome! It's fantastic you offer that service as I don't think there are that many around these parts that do. It's such a cute dress too!

Nicky said...

Adorable dress, what a crafty lady, you are!!!