Thursday, February 18, 2010

Black & White



I made this dress a while ago, because I was completely lacking a basic black dress....crazy I know.
I was happy with this new wardrobe addition, but I couldn't help but think "gee whiz....maybe it's too basic" and that's where the giant white bow brooch comes to the rescue....because everyone likes large bows pinned to their front...don't they?



I got these sheer white spotty tights from target....and I love them lots!
I also got a pair in light grey...but I worry that they make me look like I have old lady corpse legs, and I don't think that's the effect I'm after...haha, oh well

9 comments:

Ebony said...

Love this dress! Man I would pay big bucks for a replica - it is adorable :)
Also love the tights you paired it with. This outfit is beyond perfect.

harbourmaster said...

Adorable! Bow + spots are the best!

a cat of impossible colour said...

It looks gorgeous!

Lemondrop Marie said...

The white bow would make me smile all day, just precious!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

Nicky said...

This might just be the cutest outfit over!

georgina said...

love the brooch and the tights :)

Poppet said...

ebony: glad you like it! i will be making some for the shop...so maybe you can get your replica...hurrah!

harbourmaster: haha....bow + stripes are also super fun :)

a cat of impossible colour: gee thanks!

lemondrop marie: yeah! it does make me smile all day...i love it!

nicky: whoa...thats a big call! but cheers :)

georgina: thank you....those tights are fast becoming my new favourites...they go with so many things!

whatiwore said...

Adorable! Did you use a pattern, or did you wing it?

vio said...

really pretty!