Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nurses

I love costume parties....it is no secret!
I think every party should have some sort of theme...that way you get all the fun of the party, plus all the added fun of dressing up! What's not to love about that :)



The other week I went to a great "emergency ward" party, and Amy and I dressed up as WW2 Nurses....we had vintage wool capes, cute dresses and I made us hats and an apron. We also had vintage red cases for our 'medical kits' which Amy wisely stocked with supplies (the bandages came in handy when there was the inevitable drunken accident....eep)

It was a great party and everybody's costumes were fantastic...hurrah

If you are ever stuck for a costume, come see me at Poppet. With all the stock in the shop and all my treasures hidden in the store-room, I think we could make any costume possible! Yay

2 comments:

esme and the lane way said...

Those costumes are amazing! I love the capes. And you needed bandages... oh dear!

harbourmaster said...

Oh, you both look adorable! Vintage capes are the best.