Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Window Display

I've been hard at work this week putting together a new window display for the shop.
Because it is so very cold here in Melbourne-town, I went for a winter wonderland theme with icy blues and whites as the main colours. I thought this would also be a nice backdrop for the brightly coloured handmade toys that love being shown-off in the window!



I stenciled some white snowflakes on the window, and hung strands of blue and white pom-poms.





I made some new display boxes out of old dresser drawers. I spray-painted them white and glued some lovely vintage wallpaper in the back.


these little guys love hiding in their new boxes :)



With all the blue and white used, I thought some yellow flowers would be just the ticket to brighten things up. I made these pom-pom flowers on wire and put them in vintage glass bottles (these are really cute and easy to make, but if anyone wants a tutorial I can put one up)

So thats the window display, I hope you like it as much as I do.
If you're in the area come by and have a look....and don't forget to pop in and say hello :)

4 comments:

Dagmar Rousset said...

That looks so beautiful!

Nice work Poppet :)

i like you said...

wow! your display looks simply wonderful!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful display. Love the bottles. A simple idea with such an impact. Well done

trishhunterfinds said...

Wow, if that doesn't bring people in I don't know what will!
That looks incredible.
I wish I had such a creative flare.