Sunday, February 8, 2009

Matching Bows



After cutting up those pink tights to make my new socks I was left with a scrap of stocking fabric. This scrap was sitting on my desk begging me to use it so it wouldn't have to go through the shame of being thrown in the bin. (my fabric is generally very emotive....hence my storeroom being overrun with fabric that will probably never be fashioned into anything!)

Anyway...There is nothing like having the top of your noggin match the tip of your toes, so I thought it was time to make some bows for my hair.



Use the body section of the tights: cut off the waistband then cut the rest in half
cut out the seam so your left with a long rectangle.....you'll be able to make 4 medium sized bows from the body part of your tights.


fold your rectangle in half and stitch up the side....turn outside-in so the seam is on the inside.
Cut a section out of the waistband (approx 2cm)....most waistbands are constructed so if you cut you're section out it opens up like a tube (does that make sense!?!)
slip the tube over you're bow piece and stitch tight.
You can now slip in a hair clip or bobby pin or stitch on a brooch back.



Easy-peasy lemon squeezy!

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

how adorable! and we say easy peasy lemon squeezy a lot around my house. :)

ana b. said...

Those tights just keep on giving!

YU said...

thanks for that, always wanted to find a way to make my own!